Tuesday, June 7, 2011

It's been a long time

My last blog post (and only my third, sadly) was almost two years ago.  I had told myself I needed to write things down and share.   Yeah, didn't go so well.

Some of my close friends and family know that we are dealing with some difficult behaviors with our boys.  These behaviors lead us to believe that it's more than them being difficult and are indicative of an ASD or Autism Spectrum Disorder. 

We've come to a fork in the road when it comes to our psychologist.  She has given ONE of the boys a diagnosis of Asperger's (although we haven't received it in writing as of yet) and has stated she can't tell us what we SHOULD do for them, only what we SHOULDN'T do.  Does this seem odd to anyone else? 

At this point we're not quite sure what to do or where to go or who to see.  Both boys see an occupational therapist once a week and that helps to a point.  But we need more tools in our tool box.  We need to learn how to work cohesively as a family.  Every little issue seems to trickle through the ranks, affecting the family as a whole. 

I guess it doesn't help matters being an instant gratification kind of person.  Perhaps it's God's way of telling me to be patient. 

So for now we're just going to keep on doing what we've been doing and pray for guidance.  Hoping for some turn-by-turn directions from God. 

No comments:

Post a Comment