Wednesday, July 8, 2009

A Mother's Job Is Never Done

One day, before I die, I hope that I can have just a SINGLE evening where I can say I really have NOTHING else to do! Not a dish that needs to be washed or load of laundry that needs to be folded and put away. The trash will be taken out and all the counters will be washed. The floors will be spotless and I can sit down and do absolutely nothing.

However, that day is nowhere NEAR! Heck, I even dream the next day's projects. I review the grocery list as I'm nodding off. My husband has asked me why I can't just "stop thinking and go to sleep". It's impossible to do. I wonder how common this really is and if any man has the same issue.

It's 10:43 at night and I'm just now making some white bread for tomorrow. I also have the floor picked up so I can steam clean the carpeting and go over the couch once with the cleaner. Sleep? I don't need to sleep . . . . I need to clean the house. It needs to be done when the kids are asleep or they'll run amuck, trashing the house right behind me.

But I know there will be a day where I can plop down on my chair, with the house being clean, and finally be able to relax.

No comments:

Post a Comment