Friday, June 7, 2013

That's All

The only concrete evidence I have that my first twin existed are the results of my ultrasound 10/11/12.  I don't know why I felt compelled to look at them again, but I did. 


INTERPRETATION:
Within the uterus there appears to be a single gestational sac.  A yolk sac is identified.  There is a fetal pole within with an adjacent smaller solid structure as well.  This raises the question of a twin pregnancy with fetal demise of one of the two.  The largest structure with cardiac activity at 195 beats per minute labeled twin A with a mean crown-rump length of 30 mm corresponding to 9 weeks and 6 days.

The smaller structure labeled twin B is 19 mm corresponding with gestational age of 8 weeks and 3 days.  No activity.

The patient's uterus is retroverted.

CONCLUSION:
1. Single living pregnancy identified within the uterus based on the mean crown-rump length is at 9 weeks 6 days with an EDC 05/10/2013.
2. Within this same sac, is a second more difficult to see structure that would raise the question of a twin pregnancy.  This would correspond to 8 weeks and 3 days.  No cardiac activity is identified within.  This raises the question of demise of a twin.


This is all there is.  No ultrasound photo.  Just words. 

I had another scan on November 1.  This was just 6 days after miscarrying the first twin.

2. The previous anatomic findings raising suspicion for a twin pregnancy with demise is no longer seen.  There is a septation however.  This may represent further resorption of a previous demise. 


I don't think of it often, but when I do, it hurts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment